Schoolwide positive behaviour support (SWPBS) is a framework that brings together school communities to develop positive, safe, supportive learning cultures.
SWPBS assists our school to improve social, emotional, behavioural and academic outcomes for our students.
Implementation of SWPBS ensures that teachers and students have more time to focus on relationships and classroom instruction.
Students and staff benefit from:
- increased respectful and positive behaviour
- increased time focused on instruction
- improved social-emotional wellbeing
- positive and respectful relationships among students and staff
- increased adoption of evidence-based instructional practices
- a predictable learning environment with improved perceptions of safety and increased attendance
The Brunswick Secondary College Schoolwide Positive Behaviours Values Matrix outlines the expected behaviours of our students, not only within our school environment but also beyond.