Every school in the state of Victoria has a school zone.

The school zones are accessed through the Find My School website. If you enter your address you will determine whether your residence is within the Brunswick Secondary School zone.


Proof of Residence
In line with Department of Education (DoE) guidelines, families must supply 100 points of Proof of Residence documentation with their enrolment application.

DET guidelines many be accessed HERE.

Document showing full name of the child’s parent/carer and address Points allocated
One of the following:

  • Council rates notice
  • Lease agreement through a registered real estate agent or rental board bond receipt
  • Exchanged contract of sale
40 points

Any of the following:

  • Centrelink payment statement showing home address
  • Electoral roll statement
20 points each
Any of the following:

  • Electricity or gas bill showing the service address (dated within the past 3 months)
  • Water bill showing the service address (dated within the past 3 months)
  • Telephone or internet bill showing the service address (dated within the past 3 months)
  • Driver’s licence or government issued ID showing current home address (dated within the past 3 months)
  • Home building or home contents insurance showing the service address (dated within the past 3 months)
  • Motor vehicle registration or compulsory third party insurance policy showing home address (dated within the past 3 months)

All of these documents must show the same address and parent/carer name as recorded on the enrolment form.

15 points each


When assessing enrolment applications, Brunswick Secondary College may make the following enquiries to verify the information provided about a student’s permanent residence:

  • Checking the electoral roll at an Australian Electoral Commission office or the Victorian Electoral Commission head office
  • Checking with a real estate office
  • Checking whether the contact landline phone number provided is registered to the residence provided on the enrolment form
  • For a rental property which is a studio apartment or one bedroom unit, checking whether there are any regulations/codes limiting the occupancy of these apartments to one person per apartment

Note: If, after reasonable enquiries, the Principal does not accept that the address provided on the enrolment application form is the genuine residence of the student, the enrolment application may not be successful.