Enrolment and Brunswick Secondary College is managed in accordance with Department of Education & Training guidelines.My child is transitioning from Grade 6 to Year 7 My child is currently enrolled at another secondary college
Priority Order of Placement
In circumstances when Brunswick Secondary College may not be able to accept all applications due to existing or future capacity concerns, the school must manage enrolment applications in accordance with the Department of Education & Training’s new placement policy. The new policy will come into effect from the beginning of Term 2, 2021 and will apply to all mid-year transfers and 2022 enrolment applications, unless otherwise specified.
Enrolment is managed with the following priority order of placement:
- Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time
- Where the Regional Director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds
- All other students in order of closeness of their home to the school
Choosing a School
The Department of Education & Training provides a helpful resource to support parents and carers in choosing a school for their child: How to choose a school and enrol.