When you leave school, there are so many choices to make so it is important to have a plan so you can work out what to do next. There are many opportunities during your school years to explore and plan your future career options. Exploring occupations, researching career paths and asking lots of questions helps you to develop your own career action plan and to identify the steps needed to achieve your career goals.
All students at Brunswick will have the opportunity to use the career planning tool MIPSonline. This program allows students to set goals, develop actions to achieve those goals and be actively involved in developing their own Career Action Plan.
Some of the questions you need to ask yourself and explore include:
- What do I really want to do with my life for the next 5-10 years?
- Have I developed my own action plan to get where I want to go?
- Do I want to go straight to employment or should I do some training first?
- What subjects should I be doing at school to help me with my future career?
- Can I gain experience by doing a traineeship or cadetship?
- Do I need to do an apprenticeship to become qualified?
- Many similar courses are offered at a variety of TAFE or universities so what TAFE or University should I go to?