As students progress through their final year of schooling, it can help to take time to focus on the potential outcome of their hard work. At Brunswick Secondary College, we believe that students should continue to fine tune their career plan and take advantage of the many opportunities that the school offers to ensure that they have the very best preparation for the transition from school to tertiary education or the workforce.
Students in Year 12 students will/can be involved in the following activities and should take responsibility for their own research and pathway planning.
- Year level excursion to Tertiary Information Session - Latrobe University
- VTAC course and SEAS application counselling
- Individual career counselling - make the effort to book an appointment with the Careers Counsellor
- Review and/or development of career action plan
- Visit the Careers Office, view the Career News newsletter and university course guides and read careers related
- Information on Compass Newsfeed formation on Compass Newsfeed formation on Compass Newsfeed formation on Compass Newsfeed formation on Compass Newsfeed formation on Compass Newsfeed formation on Compass Newsfeed formation on Compass Newsfeed
- Attend Open Days or information sessions at university and TAFE institutions
- Research transition tips from school to work/uni
Additionally, they can access the following resources:
- VTAC Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre administers the application and offer process for places in tertiary courses at university, TAFE and independent tertiary colleges in Victoria. It provides publications and information on tertiary entrance requirements, courses available, ATAR calculation and reports and statistics on the VCE. Through their own VTAC ID accounts, students can apply for courses and scholarships and view study scores, ATAR results and offers made.