Continuing on from Year 10, students are encouraged to review and revisit their choices and expectations to ensure that they remain on track toward their desired career or tertiary study pathway.
Students in Year 11 students will/can be involved in the following activities throughout the year and should begin to take responsibility for their own careers related research.
Helpful resources include:
- Year level excursion to AGE VCE & Careers Expo - Caulfield Racecourse in May
- VCE subject selection counselling
- Individual career counselling - make the effort to book an appointment with the Careers Counsellor
- Review and/or develop their own career action plan
- Visit the Careers Office, view the CareerNews newsletter and university course guides and read careers related information on the Compass Newsfeed
- Attend Open Days or information sessions at university and TAFE institutions (see Open Day listing on CareerNews page)
- Visit the VTAC website www.vtac.edu.au for a range of useful information some of which is linked from this page
Further to this, students can
- Access publications at VTAC Publications for year 11 students such as the Choice booklet (a guide the ATAR and VCE Studies calculations) and VICTER Guide (a guide to tertiary entrance requirements for courses).
- Use the CourseSearch function on the VTAC website to look up details on courses of interest by searching with a keyword or by institution.